This is the most-requested side dish at my house. It’s very easy to make and makes your side vegetable a little more appetizing, because bacon.
I love bacon, and I love asparagus. Nothing makes me happier than to wrap my marinated asparagus in bacon! I also tried these with wrapping an individual spear with an individual slice of bacon, but in reality that was way too much meat t to vegetable ratio.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 package uncured bacon (no sugar added)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Clean and trim ends of the asparagus
- In a large ziplock bag, add asparagus spears, olive oil and garlic
- Seal and shake up bag to coat the spears evenly
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil, place a baking rack on top
- Wrap one slice of bacon around 4-5 asparagus spears, place on baking rack
- Repeat until all spears are wrapped, put away any extra bacon
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes at 400, then 3 minutes on broil (for crispy bacon); otherwise just 15 minutes at 400 is fine
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving