If you’re not new to Keto, this is of no surprise to you. Keto-friendly pizza dough is so popular among the community. Who can live without pizza? I can’t! I’ve tried many different types of keto-fied pizza crusts, and nothing tastes quite as good as this one.
Texture, weight, density, and overall taste is very important when it comes to mimicking a good quality crust. The key ingredient used in this dough, that sets it aside from other keto pizza crusts, is psyllium husk powder. Psyllium husk powder is a dietary fiber used to making things stick together, and make a “spongey” like texture. The balance between the psyllium husk, and the dense mozzarella cheese makes for a great dough! You can season it any way you want to. I like to use basic Italian seasoning and maybe throw in some garlic powder. Keep in mind, the more seasoning the more oil and/or egg you should add.
Try this out on your family — especially kids! They’ll love it. It’s so much fun to craft your own personal pizza. Add all the different toppings you can imagine (keto-friendly of course)… no Hawaiian pizza’s here! Sad. Anyway, yes please enjoy this recipe and share with me your creations!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 3 cups whole milk mozzarella cheese (divided: 2 cups for crust, 1 cup for topping)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (I use Rao's tomato basil! Best low-carb option)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, heat the 2 cup portion of mozzarella cheese for 1 minute until pliable (should not get burnt). If not completely melted, cook it for another 15 seconds.
- Add cream cheese and egg(s), mix well.
- Add all flours, psyllium husk and seasonings/powders, mix in with the cheese.
- Work your dough into a ball (can use hands if not too hot).
- Drizzle on olive oil and coat the ball of dough evenly.
- On a pizza tray (or baking sheet) place a piece of parchment paper, place dough ball and use a pinwheel (or by hand) to spread out the dough evenly until it's a little less than 1/2" thick (you can make it circular or square -- or whatever shape you want!).
- Place dough in the oven for 10 minutes on one side, flip and cook for additional 4 minutes then remove from oven.
- Add your pizza sauce and cheese (any toppings) and bake again for 5 minutes.
- Like it crispy? Turn up the heat to "broil" for 1 additional minute.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then slice it up! Enjoy!