Low Carb Chocolate Donut (cake)
- 1 cup Walnut Halves
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit or your favorite granular sweetener
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, regular Almond Milk
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (100% cocoa bars)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease your donut mold (silicone or metal).
- Using a food processor, add in order (ensure each is ground/mixed before adding next ingredient): walnuts, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
- Pulse food processor a few time to thoroughly combine.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add eggs, vanilla extract, almond milk.
- Stir in cake mixture from food processor and mix until it forms a smooth batter, add more almond milk if too stiff.
- Spoon (or use a pastry bag if available) batter into donut mold (fill until half a centimeter to the top-edge of the mold, do not over fill).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan onto cooling rack (do not try and remove too early, or donuts may fall apart).