In reality, getting started on any new regimen requires research and patience. I’ve spent a few minutes looking up the nutritional information of a restaurant’s menu before walking through their doors, just to have some confidence that I could enjoy a prepared meal without eating hidden carbohydrates.
My biggest take-away from my experience is that food is way more powerful that I realized. It can control us emotionally and physically. Food science is continuously evolving, and it’s important that we educate ourselves and adapt to a new quality of life.
The benefits a low-carbohyrdate, moderate-protein, high-fat lifestyle:
A Beginner’s Guide to Keto
Find all the information you need in one place. Explore AVOKETO’s favorite resources and learn about the ketogenic lifestyle and best practices.
Here are some key resources I’ve used to get me started on Keto and to stay on track:
- Calculate your own personal Macros with the Keto Calculator
- Download MyFitnessPal (free) or Keto Diet Tracker app — make sure you change your daily nutritional goals to get as close to your Keto Macros as possible. Record your intake (be honest!). Note: be aware that some entries are not accurate, try to find the most reasonable nutritional count on your search. When in doubt, Google is your friend
- Follow the Ketogenic Food List for an easy guideline of approved foods
- Learn about the benefits of Bone Broth Fasting
- Learn more about the Ketogenic Diet: Information & Articles Page
- Track your ketone and glucose levels with a Keto Mojo or Ketone Test Strips